Retail Consumer ProductsSourcing
We're here to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Our commitment to serving the communities where we operate goes way back … all the way back to 1946. We keep that promise alive today through our dedication to serving new generations of families. How do we do it? By creating welcoming spaces where all families can shop and find joy. By holding hands with partners and using the voice of our brands to bring communities together. By empowering the Target family—our team members across the country—to serve and support their local neighborhoods.
When it comes to sourcing products, we take a page from our company's founder, George Dayton, who was well-known for his strong business ethics. Today, we still strive to ensure our suppliers manufacture all of our products under the highest ethical standards, with compliance to all applicable laws, and work with vendors and factories who share those commitments. We also work with regulators, manufacturers, industry organizations and other retailers around the world to continually set the bar higher for our industry as a whole. We continually look for opportunities to improve our standards and processes. Our Target Sourcing Services team sources merchandise from all over the world, anticipating issues and potential risks while making the best decisions for our business. We continually evaluate the mix of countries from which we source and adjust for many factors, including production quality, social responsibility, environmental sustainability, capacity, speed to market and pricing. We clearly label all products with the country of manufacture in compliance with regulations established by U.S. governmental agencies.
Fast Facts (https://corporate.target.com/about)
• Target is a general merchandise retailer with stores in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
• 75% of the U.S. population lives within 10 miles of a Target store. locations
• We employ 350,000+ team members
• Our tagline is ''Expect More. Pay Less.'' We've been using it since 1994!
• Target's CEO since August 2014 is Brian Cornell. leadership
• The Target Corporation also owns Shipt, Roundel, Grand Junction and DermStore. More to love!
• Target is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, its hometown since the first Target store opened in 1962 under The Dayton Company. history